WHICH WORKFLOW SOFTWARE TO CHOOSE : Understanding workflow management is essential, especially at a time when remote working is so prevalent. Even more crucial is workflow management software, the vehicle through which workflows, campaigns, projects, and tasks are processed. We’re going to go over some of the fundamentals of workflow management in this article. We’ll also learn about the best workflow management software and some of the features that any workflow management system should have.
WHAT IS WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT, AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Let’s start by looking at the definition of workflow management. Workflow management is the process of coordinating work within a group or organization to complete a larger project. The term “workflow” refers to a collection of discrete activities to achieve a larger ongoing goal. The “management” component of the word suggests that someone or something is in charge of the task—overall plan. in addition, you can manage custom workflows with the help of workflow management tools.
One of the most critical aspects of the workflow is that it should be a repeatable process that can happen multiple times in a row. You can also use the workflow mapping approach to understand these processes better and continue to improve them. To deepen the notion of “workflow” per se, it is essential to understand the three components of workflow:
- Input – The items you need to start a project.
- Transformation: The things that happen during work are called transformations.
- Output: The result of completing the job. A mark can also serve as a starting point or “entry” for a later step.
For example, if you work in a fast-food chain, your workflow would include administering orders and creating drinks. The order would be the entry, the preparation of the coffee would be the processing, and the delivery of the glass to the customers would be the exit.
When we think of workflow management software, we are talking about a system that assists in completing workflows and manages recurring operations at a macro level.
THE ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS OF A WORKFLOW SOFTWARE
Now that we’ve covered workflow and workflow management basics let’s talk about some of the fundamental workflow management software components that every software will need to help teams thrive.
- Clearly Defined and Repeatable Processes– Workflow management software must move a task or project through a “rinse and repeat” process.
- Track progress at a macro level– Users, should track a project or campaign’s progress over time to improve workflows in the workflow management software.
- Integrations with third–party applications– Workflow management software aims to keep activities and projects running smoothly. This involves a combination of current tools to improve efficiency.
- Analysis and reporting features– To iterate over a workflow and a process, you must identify your productivity and efficiency, which means that your workflow management software must include a reporting tool.
THE 10 BEST WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Let’s take a look at some of the best workflow management systems available on the market, keeping all of these requirements in mind.
Kissflow is a beautiful project and process management app that helps teams visualize processes, clarify responsibilities between team members, and keep everyone on the same page in an organization. Here are some of the features that make Kissflow an excellent workflow management tool:
- Forms that can be fully customized to help automate and simplify processes
- Roles and tasks defined across the company thanks to access control
- Reports and analyzes that are useful for understanding the whole workflow
- An easy to integrate a tool
With its simple design and attractive layout, Monday.com is a great workflow management program. Thanks to Monday.com, teams can see their entire workflow and overall flow, both at the micro and macro levels. You can also view your tasks, projects, and general workflow in several ways, including lists, cards, and Kanban views. Monday.com has a few additional features that make it a robust workflow management software:
- Dashboards that give you a global perspective of your projects
- user-friendly and incredibly intuitive interface
- Automation capabilities with hundreds of platforms, including Slack and Google Drive
Backlog is a fantastic app that combines project management and code management in one convenient place. Backlog allows you and your team to effortlessly track project progress using Gantt and Kanban, use the bug tracker to sort out any product flaws and collaborate on a backlog. The backlog has a few other features that make it a fantastic workflow management tool:
- Team file-sharing capabilities
- Team-wide wiki system to notify teammates of pending or changed items
- For work on the go, there is a mobile app
Nintex started as a document management application for Microsoft’s SharePoint system. Nintex has evolved to include additional capabilities and a version that is not limited to SharePoint. This workflow software offers many features:
- Creation of forms
- SharePoint workflow design
- Generating reports
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
ClickUp is a platform that can help you manage your team’s resources while streamlining processes and project plans. Teams around the world are using this simple and beautiful app to keep their work on track. ClickUp may be the right workflow management software for you for several reasons, including:
- Users can build custom models to automate parts of their workflow using automation models
- Gantt, calendar, and timeline views are some of the available project views
- Custom dashboards can be created using reports
Smartsheet has become an excellent alternative for controlling not only workflow but also resources within a team. Smartsheet is based on an Excel-like structure, allowing teams to see the following steps and actions quickly. Smartsheet is excellent workflow management software for several reasons:
- Workflow automation is possible across projects and activities
- Gantt and table view for task visualization are included in flexible project layouts
- Integrations with Microsoft and Google Apps, for example
- Resourcing capacities have been improved
Pipefy is a workflow management tool that enables teams to request data, complete tasks, and report results across projects and campaigns. Pipefy has become the solution of choice for workflow management for teams worldwide due to its approach to building low-code workflows. Here are some other features that make Pipefy an excellent workflow management tool:
- Templates that can be used to help structure all workflows and procedures
- Low-code processes that are tailored to your needs to help you get more done in less time
- If necessary, visibility into the workflows of the entire company
Due to its distinctive Excel-like architecture, Airtable is an excellent alternative if you are looking for a workflow management solution. This application is used by teams worldwide, and its popularity stems from its ability to function as a very powerful spreadsheet for workflow management. Here are some other features of Airtable that make it a superb workflow management tool:
- Ability to establish a database that can be customized for various projects and responsibilities
- Templates that can be used for a variety of tasks
- You can view projects in a grid, calendar, gallery, or Kanban style, depending on what works best for you
- Apps that have been prebuilt to enhance your experience
The score is an all-in-one workflow management software that allows teams to complete their tasks in one place. This app is ideal for workflow management as it provides a single dashboard from which you can track progress in real-time and collaborate on related activities. The score has a few other features that make it a fantastic workflow management software:
- Real-time results are tracked via dynamic dashboards
- An automated business data flow
- There are over 1000 tool integrations
Asana is a high-performing workflow management program created by one of the co-founders of Facebook. With a simple user interface and easy-to-understand features, Asana helps teams coordinate operations at the micro and macro levels. This workflow management software also has excellent process management and automation features. Here are some additional features that make Asana a perfect workflow management tool.
4 Efficient Ways to Increase Your Sales in 2022
Efficient Ways to Increase Your Sales in 2022 – Increasing sales is something that most companies and salespeople work dedicatedly…